THE VALPOLICELLA WINE ROAD DOWNLOAD BROCHURE
This is an association of businessmen whose aim is to promote and enhance the area that produces DOC (Denomination of Controlled Origin) Valpolicella wines.
The association’s constitution responds to the growth of wine tourism or, “enotourism”, as it is also known. Aficionados and sector operators who wish to learn all about the wine and its production – the landscape, the people, the culture, its history – can turn to the Road association for all the necessary information.
Today, the Valpolicella Wine Road represents a completely new initiative in which all categories of people working here can do so together in order to increase visibility of the entire territory through the typical products made here.
Thus, this is not only a true and proper road among wine cellars, but an instrument to improve all economic, social and cultural realities related to wine and typical products, and that of local administrators, companies, cultural bodies, restaurant owners and hoteliers.
As a result, the Road is a coordinating body for promotional initiatives and increasing visibility of the entire Valpolicella area.
As instituted by Regional Law, the entire area of Valpolicella wine production is under the mandate of the Road.
The initiative aims at increasing arrivals and overnight stays in Valpolicella of tourists and aficionados interested in wine, cuisine, the artistic and environmental heritage of the area, one which counts nineteen municipalities mostly situated in the hills coming down from the Lessinia mountains to the Adige Valley to the west, Verona to the south and the wine production area of Soave to the east.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE VALPOLICELLA WINE ROAD
- to identify and build routes within the Valpolicella wine production territory through areas of natural, historical, cultural and environmental interest, and including those of commercial interest such as Wine Cellars, Wine Bars, Wine-Producing Companies, restaurants, sales points of typical products, etc., to be indicated by road signs with the Road’s logo;
- to promote and improve wine-growing production and companies by providing incentives to economic development of the area and development of modern entrepreneurship through training and professional updating programmes;
- to inspect activities indicated along the Road to ensure the necessary requirements are being met;
- to increase visibility of the Road through promotional initiatives of various types, through the creation of information points and appropriate literature for the public;
- to promote cultural and recreational activity in order to improve urban management and architecture of the landscape, as well as identifying proposals and policies for regulatory plans of the municipalities that make up the area;
- to carry out research and studies in order to motivate the production area through scientific, technical and commercial activities.
MUNICIPALITIES UNDER THE COMPETENCY OF THE VALPOLICELLA WINE ROAD
S. Ambrogio di Valpolicella - Dolcŕ - Fumane - S. Pietro in Cariano - Marano di Valpolicella - Negrar - Pescantina -Verona - Grezzana - Cerro - Mezzane - S. Mauro di Saline - S. Martino Buon Albergo - Lavagno - Colognola ai Colli - Illasi - Tregnago - Cazzano di Tramigna - Montecchia di Crosara.
Wine-growers – Wine Cellars – Agrofood Producers – Tourist/Reception Companies – Wine Bars – Wine and Typical Product Sales Points – Valpolicella Wine Guardianship Consortium - Local Institutions (Provincial and Town) – Wine-growing and Agricultural Product Associations – Related Artisans’ Companies – Local Tourist and Cultural Associations – Vocational Institutes.
PRODUCTS OF THE AREA
Valpolicella wine, Amarone della Valpolicella wine, Recioto della Valpolicella wine, Valpolicella Classico wine, Valpolicella Superiore wine, Valpolicella Ripasso wine, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cherries, truffles, honey, cheese, dairy products, and local meat and salamis.
WINE ROAD OF VALPOLICELLA
Via Valpolicella, 57
San Pietro In Cariano (VR)
Tel/Fax +39 045 7701920